Thursday, September 15, 2011

How much do you recycle?

There is a program I am taking part in right now that has to do with reducing the carbon footprint of an entire city/region. (coolrochester.org) One of the points brought up in the program is paying attention to how much you recycle. The goal of that portion is to see if you can reduce the amount of "garbage" you produce. Essentially, if you pay attention to what goes into the garbage can, you might find that you can put more into the recycle bin (or compost) instead. I used to think I did a pretty good job with it, but after reading this portion of the program and paying more attention myself I discovered that I could easily do more. Now I can often get by with only one kitchen garbage bag a week. More often than not, the recycle bin has more contents than the garbage can come collection day.

Do you recycle all that you can?

Thanks,
-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment